North London Nannies provide professional child care, usually within your own home on either a live in or live out basis. Governesses are expected to play a key role in the social and intellectual development of your children, they usually work 5-10 hours per day. The package they offer is tailored to your children’s needs:
• Responsibility and supervision in the home and school setting
• Liaising with the school and parents
• Organising their daily and social activities
• Monitor children’s progress in school and after school activities
• Teaching children good manners
• Supervising of homework
• Developing your children’s social and language skills
This list is not exhaustive and once you employ your Governess all their duties should be clarified in a written contract of employment (we can provide a draft to help you).
All our Governesses:
• Have been interviewed personally by a member of our team
• Are thoroughly referenced checked both written and verbally
• Have documents verified to confirm their CV, identity and address.
• CRB in process or checked
• Have qualifications confirmed.
We ask all of our Governesses to attend a first aid course, a governess will usually hold a PGCE/QTS or TEFL certificate.
Salary guideline: Depending on experience and qualifications you can expect to pay
£500- £1200 gross per week for live out daily Governesses
£400-£1200 gross per week for live in Governesses
£600-£1400 gross per week for overseas Governesses
Guideline salaries are quoted gross and we recommend you contact a specialist Childcare payroll company for tax and NI contributions.